It's all coming together now.

Everything seems to be falling in place.

Originally I planned to start school in the fall to begin taking my prerequisites for the nursing program. Once I had finished doing all of the things I needed to do (change identity, FAFSA, student loan application, scholarship application, orientations, guidance counselor appointments, student ID, transcripts from high school,), I decided to go ahead and register for some summer classes as to not lose steam.

At first for the summer I was registered for Intro to Black and White Photography and Intro to Humanities. I have since decided to drop the humanities course and get the first of my psychology requirement out of the way. Now I am trying to drop that and pick up a Tropical Biology course that ends with a field study trip in Costa Rica. We'll see though. The curriculum guide says that I need to have either completed or be taking a concurrent science class in order to be eligible. They are trying to fill the class so it doesn't get cancelled so I'm working with the instructors trying to get by that pesky little rule. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to take the concurrent science course, there just aren't any available that fit in with the rest of my summer schedule. We'll see how it goes. The course has been offered for the last 7 years so I'll get my chance eventually!

I've purchased my photography book and am just waiting for the word to see whether I should purchase a Psych book, or a Tropical Biology book. This weekend I plan to buy a book bag, binder, pens, and all of the other supplies I will need to start school. I can't believe how excited I am.

I've registered for my summer and fall courses at the Metro campus here in Cleveland due to the short distance from my home and work. Now that I have visited the campus a number of times and researched all of the campuses, I have decided to move to the Western campus in the Spring. There are 2 reasons for this First of all, there are just more options as far as classes go. Metro doesn't offer any unique courses that I'm interested in. There is so much more variety as the Western Campus. Secondly, it is SO GHETTO at the Metro campus. It's surrounded by projects and in a very high crime area. So, I'll take my basic prerequisites at Metro and move once I have time for the cooler classes. I just have to try not to get too ambitious and be sure that I can transfer whatever credits I have toward my BSN and Masters. Someday I'll be a school nurse.

Work has gotten better as well. My schedule is all worked out (for now) and I'm enjoying my weeks. I have plenty of alone time, plenty of time with Andy, and am working plenty. I'll be sacrificing the alone time once school starts, but that's OK.

Home is great, as always. I love having a place that is HOME and not just where I keep my stuff and sleep. It's been so long since I've felt this way. I now believe a happy home life is the catalyst for all other things good in life. Ever since Andy and I have been together and especially living together, everything else just seems to be falling into place so easily. He truly is my muse and good luck charm.

I finally finished the scarf I've been working on since December and started the hat to match. This will be the last "tiny needles" knitting project I'll even begin for a very long time.

No comments: