When it rains it pours....

  • Andy was mugged and had his beautiful brand new bike violently taken from him. That's right. Someone beat up the happy guy who was riding his bike around town on a beautiful sunny day because that's what he likes to do on beautiful sunny days. I called all over the city to find an exact replica of said bike and bought the last one in the city for him to do the only thing I really could do to make this situation better (of course included with his replacement bike were unlimited hugs and smooches).

  • Andy is involved in a 5 car pileup on the highway. He was the meat in the middle and his car is totalled. He is alive (thank god) but in pain and in need of physical therepy. We are broke monkeys and he is stressing about how to get a new car. I assure him that we will make it through this. We can live as a one car family until we can save up enough cash to get him his very own. We do just fine with one car. We both get to work, he gets to his physical therepy appointments Until...

  • I went to pick Andy up from work for his physical therepy appointment. I arrive a little early so I turned off my car to wait for him. When he hopped in I started the car and immediately my engine light started flashing and white smoke started billowing out of the exhaust. I blew a goddamn headgasket. We made it to the mechanic who informed me that it would be a $2,108.78 repair. We mad the decision to go ahead with it because the car only has 64,000 miles on it and is in otherwise perfect condition. The bluebook value is $8,000.00

  • I thought that I should drop my summer classes in order to work more. I wasn't able to drop the classes without paying full price for them. So, I stayed in school unsure of how I was to get to work.

  • My dad brought me up his "Shaggin' Wagon" to borrow until I could get my car back. This beast of a van is a 1986 Chevy conversion van. It is absurd. I need to take photos of it. Words could never do it justice. So here I am... the enviornmentalist driving around an oil burning, gas guzzling monster. I hate myself for it. I've ONLY been driving it to school and back or to the grocery store if I can't fit what I need in the baskets of my bike.

  • I find this gorgeous dog in my backyard who has tags. I make all of the neccesary phone calls and find that the phone number that he is registered to is disconnected and no one lives at the house he registered to. I walk him around the nighborhood for HOURS to see if anyone knows where he lives. Finally a nice man that owns a little machine shop at the end of my street says that he's seen the dog around and has been trying to get ahold of the dog for days to feed him and put up a sign. I can't keep the dog because he seems a little too interested in cats. Not like he wants to kill them, but like he thinks that they are toys to be tossed around like rag dolls. I have a cat and a skunk. The nice man agreed to keep him until we could locate his owner or find him a forever home. I agree to help care for him. Walk him, buy food, hang out with him (I was actually quite in love with this dog and super excited to be able to help him). I spent all of my spare time for DAYS either with this dog, or working to find his owner/a new home for him. I really enjoy helping helpless creatures. I fell head over heels in love with this dog and I thought he fell in love with me too. He was all over me. Kissing my face, being a doll. Anytime I was with him he needed to be physically touching me. I hated leaving him, but had two potential new homes for him and was really excited about it.

  • I get my car back yesterday. I stopped to make a payment (of $900 still owing $400). The mechanic allows me to take my car trusting that I will pay him next payday. I'm thinking that my luck must be changing. Finally.

  • I drive my freshly repaired car to the store and buy a bag of food and a rawhide for the rescued dog. I stop by to deliver the goods and play with the dog for a little bit. I give him his bone and he licked it, then licked my face. So cute. I poured him a bowl full of food and waited until he was finished eating and away from his dish to go hang out with him. No warning, no growling, no mowhawk..... the dog attacked me. And I don't mean that he bit me playfully not realizing his own strength.... the dog mauled me. I can't recall what exactly happened but I think that the woman who ran to my aid must have startled him off of me. I was in such shock.... I kept feeling my face and throat thinking that he had got me there. Fortunately, he only got my arm. Unfortunately, he got it really bad. He had me by the arm and shook ME around like I was a little rag doll. There was fat hanging out of holes in my arm and I didn't stop bleeding for HOURS after the attack. We spent all night in the emergency room. It was so bad that they had to x-ray me for fear that he had pierced the bone. They prescribed me $150.00 antibiotics on the same day that I payed rent and gave my mechanic $900. I can't work for at least a week and when I go back I have to limit the use of my right arm. I'm a right handed fucking bartender. This should be fun.

  • I cried like a baby at the Pharmacy when they told me how much my prescription would cost and they gave me a deal, knocking it half off. It was still a punch in the face but not as hard. Maybe NOW my luck will start to change. I guess I shouldn't say that though..... my house will probably burn down.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh you poor thing. Things have got to get better! I can't believe that dog did that to you! I'm wishing you good luck, healing vibes and general get-better-ness for the both of you.

Captain Steve said...

Wow. That is some luck. Hopefully your arm gets better fast. Or you could work on being ambidextrous.

Anonymous said...

Ohmyfriggingod!!!! I am so sorry to read you've had such crummy luck (the mauling sounds like the worst BY FAR, for some reason). Sending you good thoughts your way.

Sophia said...

oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I hope things get better fast!

Crystal said...

Oh my, I don't even know what to say! Goodness, I hope things improve soon.

So sad about the dog. I wonder what made him turn like that. I'm glad the injury wasn't more serious. I'm sure it sucks, but wow, it could have been so much worse.

And, you have a skunk!?

(Found you on link referral, btw)

CharmCityChica said...

Wow, bad luck much? Glad to hear your guy is ok after the car crash. I work in a Baltimore trauma center and believe me, it could have been worse.

Hope your luck improves chick!

52 Faces said...

oh my goodness!

I hope everything righted itself since then and it's just awful to hear about the dog attack...sigh.