Costa Rica will have to wait

I went to Mansfield to get the camera from my mother for the photography class that I will be taking this summer. It was a brief and lovely visit. I got to see me precious baby sister in her prom dress and introduce Dewey to my mother's three miniature wiener dogs. Good ol' mom sent me off with four giant bins of things that she had saved for me. There is every work of art I ever made for her and, homework from throughout my childhood, things I made for her, stuffed animals, and best of all... PHOTOGRAPHS!! So many photographs. I bought a giant photo album and can't wait to got through the boxes to make the album. Maybe I'll even frame some of my grade school artwork!

I met with the instructor to be approved for the Tropical Biology class that would take me to Costa Rica in August. She was a lovely woman and I loved her right away. She has a fiery passion for teaching the subjects that she does and she is so enthusiastic. She told me all about the class and the trip, showing me a million photos and a PowerPoint presentation. We met for two hours and my desire to learn this subject and take this exact trip is stronger than ever. I don't think I've ever been so excited for anything. Unfortunately, the entire cost of the trip (all inclusive) is due within 3 weeks of today. I can not come up with that kind of money on such short notice. I will have to wait and take it in the spring along with her ecology and evolution class. I really look forward to taking her classes and travelling with such a knowledgeable and compassionate guide.

So, I will be taking my photography class and my first required psychology class this summer and starting a savings for my trip to Costa Rica this time next year. I went ahead and purchased the required and recommended texts for the Tropical Biology class so that I can get a jump start on learning.

My ex-husband has been contacting me regarding the savings account that he drank away yesterday. Seems that he's feeling some remorse for the way he treated me and would like to rectify the things that he actually can. He said that he will never be able to express how sorry he is for the way that he treated me and that he hopes that someday I will be able to forgive him and that he's glad that I've found someone who treats me the way I deserve. It was nice to hear. I often had visions of him telling all of his friends and family what a bitch I was and how I didn't "try hard enough". It's nice to know that isn't the case and that he recognizes that I did everything I could. That I left him because all I did was try and I ran out of steam. It was also nice to let him know that I'm not angry with him anymore and that I truly do wish the best for him.

I'm getting tattooed tomorrow and seeing the Architects! YAY!!!

I've decided that I'm not happy with the layout of my blog and am going to do some shifting around... so if you are here within the next hour or so please forgive the clutter!

1 comment:

megabrooke said...

hi there! found you through 20sb and thought id stop by!

that's sweet that you're taking a photography class this summer- ive always been interested in taking one.

i dont know the whole story with your marriage, but i can imagine that the conversation that you wrote about with your ex helped to give you a sense of comfort and also closure on things.

what'd you get a tattoo of??